Revamping Infinite Golden Floors

8:30:00 AM


Hello, lovelies! Long time no see...I think it's time we sat down to talk and catch up. I'd offer you some of the hot coffee I just made as I sat down to write this, but that doesn't work too well across a screen. But anyway...

How have you all been? I hope you've been well. It's been an interesting few months. I've been busy with school and dance and have been working hard and doing lots of self-care actions. I've been talking to people about world issues and politics and the like, and then I promptly require some time away from all the craziness. I can't even begin to comprehend what is happening in the world. Most of it just makes me angry and sad and fearful, but I'm trying my best, and I try to keep up with happy things too.

Of note, a club that I'm a part of at school recently organized a protest that I would deem successful for the moment. We're fighting against actions our college is taking against the Asian American Studies Program, which is vital now more than ever. It's a bit of a long story, but I'll direct you to our petition. Please spread the word! This is really crucial to me, to CRAASH, to our school, to NYC, to higher education, to all ethnic studies, to Asian Americans, and beyond. The whole experience has been so rewarding.


As part of my self-care, I've been watching some TV shows but mostly have tried to return to reading. As of when I'm writing this, I'm more than half-way done with The Shadow of the Wind, which is BRILLIANT. It's long but so enthralling. The writing is beautiful, and I look forward to reading it in its original Spanish one day. I can tell this will already be a favorite.

For some time, I was also getting back to creative writing. I participated in my 5th year of February Album Writing Month (FAWM) this year, but for the first time, I "lost," aka didn't write 14 songs in the month of February. But I wasn't too disappointed. I tried my best and still put out a few great song lyrics. I might post some here. I've just now started writing lyrics again. I still have some poetry I wrote post-election that I might still share, but most of what I write is really personal, so I'm deciding what to post...On a similar but different note, I am contemplating taking up novel-writing again. Or maybe just personal essays, if I feel I have something worthwhile to say and the means to say it. It's all a bit up in the air right now, but I'm feeling creative. (I'm also going to do a playlist post soon because February's playlist is one of my favs.)

Speaking of creating and writing...I have a grand new direction I want to take this blog in. It'll take a lot of time and effort, so it still won't be fully implemented for a while (and I think I'll write a separate blog post to talk about this more fully), but the gist of it is that I want to infuse my blog and social media with a bit more politics. It won't be all politics, all the time, and it will be as non-partisan as possible. I want to inform people about things that are happening in the world--things that matter to me but are sometimes overlooked or deemed too complicated to read about. I want to make politics accessible. I want to spread the word about issues you don't hear about on the news every day, but I want to present it in a way that's still appealing to millennials and "lifestyle" bloggers. This community can be far too removed from every day politics--dare I say, too white to need to care. But these are topics that I find important. And for people who are becoming interested in politics because of the current climate, I want to make it easier and more accessible, less of an upward hill. And I want to show-case wins and advocates and activists who are doing amazing work, locally, nationally, and internationally!

If there's an issue or topic you'd like to learn more about/care about--or people you'd like to showcase--please comment. Additionally, if you'd like to contribute and write an informative post, please email me at infinitegoldenfloors(at)gmail.com.

Lastly, I just want to talk about some lifestyle changes I've made...not because they're important for you to know about but because they're big steps for me. (1) I'm mostly sleeping earlier and waking up earlier. Okay, partially a result of having an 8AM class, but nevertheless. (2) I've mostly been eating vegetarian 3-4x a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I'll talk about my reason why in a different post. (3) I've been trying to exercise more. Then midterms hit and it's been a rough patch, but I'd like to get back to it. (4) I'm trying to create more. (5) I'm trying to assert my opinions more. I'm trying to be more political, or I should say, not let things get to me and stop me from talking about controversial issues. (6) Trying to get out more and not get stuck with just schoolwork. (7) Save more money. Buy fewer books. See fewer shows. Limit travel. (8) More nature!

Me in my latest travels (Pantheon, Rome, Italy)

Anyway, I pass the mic to you now. What have you been up to? What have you been enjoying lately? What have I missed? 


Please share, comment, follow, etc, and stay tuned for more! <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. I would love it if you could leave a little comment. :)