2018 / Spring Semester Goals

8:30:00 AM


I'm not a big "resolutions" person, but after my fall semester and 2017 in general, I actually had some goals I had in mind for the spring semester and for 2018 in general. As I was writing this post, I actually realized that most of my goals are roughly the same (I re-evaluate after each semester because I think in terms of school years, not calendar years, usually). There are a few that are part of my yearly goals but not my semester goals, but there aren't many (basically, more networking and continue to practice/work on my language skills (Spanish and Portuguese if you're wondering)).

1. Spend less time on my phone

Lately I've realized just how much time I spend looking at my phone. I often use it as a crutch when I feel awkward or anxious, and I will aimlessly scroll through social media when I'm bored just for the sake of it. I could use that time so much more productively! 

2. Read at least 1-2 books a month

Goal 1 leads into goal 2. My Goodreads goal is 35 books this year, since I read 30 books in 2017. I've already hit this goal for the month of January, but it'll be tougher once the semester starts. But I want to keep up with some non-academic reading. I'd love to read more than this number, but many of the books I want to read this year are also on the longer side, so I don't mind. If you have any book recs send them my way (although my overflowing TBR won't be too happy about that)!

3. Create creative content sustainably and mix it up

Most of the fall semester was spent choreographing, and my spring semester will definitely also have a lot of dancing because our competition is coming up! But February is also February Album Writing Month, so I'll be participating and hope to get back to some creative writing during the semester as well. I want to take some dance classes, read, write, etc but without burning myself out. This fall, I felt the need to constantly be creative in one particular way and burned out so hard. I think mixing it up will help a little bit!

4. Limit coffee consumption (max. 4x/week)

Friends, I drank so much coffee this past fall, and I don't want to do that to my body or my wallet as much this spring. So hopefully less coffee drinking!

5. Spend more time with friends and go do fun things 

All of my friends agree that we've generally seen one another less. We used to go hiking, go to museums, get dessert, just hang out. I barely did that, and it made a hard semester even more difficult, so I want to carve out more time to see friends and maintain relationships.

6. Return to journaling, cooking, exercising

All three things I should do but didn't. Cooking will probably be the easiest...I just have to be less lazy! Exercise should also be fairly easy. At the least, I want to consistently do some of my PT exercises. But I used to feel so great in my body, and I just feel so weak now. With dance competition coming up, I should focus on strengthening again. Journaling will be the hardest, as that's never been something I've been good at. It's always something I've wanted to keep up, but I'm so bad at doing it. I hope to at least spend 5 minutes writing down thoughts about my day every day. I'm already off to a bad start, but better late than never! So much stuff happened in the fall, and I know I'll wish I had written about it, so I want to start now.

7. Keep up with blogging!

I really, really want to get back on board with blogging. I know I'll have a lot going on, but my goal is to just have one blog post a week, probably on Tuesdays. But this also involves more social media work and all that jazz. Hoping to schedule some posts so I have a bit of cushion space, especially since I'll be busy with FAWM next month (expect song postings here ;)).

Do you make resolutions? Goals? What are your goals for 2018?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. These are all great goals, many of which I feel I should probably be making myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to limit my coffee intake too! Good luck with your goals. X

    https://www.hebahpervaiz.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a terrible habit ugh. Thanks, and best of luck to you too!

      Delete
  3. The less coffee drinking is so relatable hahah! My goal this year was to make more time for friends who mean the world to me, and stop wasting time on people who won't do the same for me! Love this post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Haha!

      Amen to that, Katie. Hope you get to spend quality time with your friends this year!

      Delete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. I would love it if you could leave a little comment. :)